Q.

how do you treat an enlarged papillae

i have this enlarged papillae on the side of my tongue that gets irritated as I eat and talk, how can I get rid of it. Also the front my tongue is irritated. I have this enlarged papillae for several months hopping that it was going to go away on its own, my dentist offered to treat it laser. What should I do?

Related Topics: Tongue

A.
Hi!

Here is some information on tongue problems that mentions enlarged papillae.  I could not find anything about treating the problem, so I'd recommend letting your doctor know what's going on, particularly since you indicated that this swelling has been going on for months now.

The WebMD Answers Staff