My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

how do you treat an enlarged papillae

i have this enlarged papillae on the side of my tongue that gets irritated as I eat and talk, how can I get rid of it. Also the front my tongue is irritated. I have this enlarged papillae for several months hopping that it was going to go away on its own, my dentist offered to treat it laser. What should I do?

Related Topics: Tongue

Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

140 Answers
1,372 Helpful Votes

Here is some information on tongue problems that mentions enlarged papillae.  I could not find anything about treating the problem, so I'd recommend letting your doctor know what's going on, particularly since you indicated that this swelling has been going on for months now.

The WebMD Answers Staff

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

5 of 35 found this helpful

Answers from Contributors (1)