Q.

Why does my blood pressure go from 134 over 74 to 156 over 97 once and awhile.

I am a 51 year old female in good health.  My blood pressure is normal at times, but sometimes goes haywire.  My pluse rate when it is normal is around 79, but when it gets like I said 156 over 97 my pulse rate goes above 100.  What could be going on?

Related Topics: Blood Pressure

A.
Welcome to WebMD Answers!

If your blood pressure is spiking, please contact your doctor and let him or her know what's going on.

Here is some information on Blood Pressure that may help you know what to ask.

I hope you find out what's going on soon.

WebMD Answers Staff