Q.

i see spots in my vision like someone shinned a bright light in my eyes and its blinding spots to.. what does this mean?

I'm not dizzy or aything just out of the blue stsrted seeing spots.

Related Topics: Eyes, Vision

WebMD
A.

Bright lights in your vision are a concern. This could be something minor or it could be something very serious -- something that could lead to vision loss if not treated promptly. You need to let your eye doctor know right away. You need to have an eye exam to determine what might be causing the blinding spots.

A.
Hi cgidcomb,

Please seek immediate medical attention about this concern - call your eye doctor, regular doctor, after hours nurse asap. I'm not a medical professional and cannot supply you with a diagnosis, though no one can without a proper physical evaluation.

While there are many vision problems that may not cause a huge concern and could be applied to your own situation, I would hate for you to suffer vision loss from retinal detachment or something else by just putting this aside. Please take care and get the professional attention that you deserve. Best wishes!

A.

I started loosing some vision or like a tunnel, then sometimes it would look like im looking through specks of rainbow colors. i went to the eye Dr and I was having octular migrains, i wouldnt get a headache or feel bad and the vision issue would disapear after awhile it was just making me nervous. Dr said take some tylenol and lay down. Can be caused by stress.

A.
One possible cause for sudden bright white light in your vision could be the retina in your eye could be coming unattached. you MUST see an opthalmologist and get it looked at if it continues persistantly. This is not a good thing but it can be fixed if you act quickly.

A.
Are you diabetic by any chance? I found this tool on WebMD where you just select a condition and it shows you what you would see if you had it. I found this condition that showed spots... if this one doesn't seem right, just choose another condition from the list.

Hope this helps!