Q.

could having bad sinus/cold infection cause sensitivity in teeth and pressure behind jaw/ears.

Related Topics: Ears, Jaw, Tooth, Pressure, Coldness

A.
Definitely! In a sinus infection, the tubes which clear fluid from the ears can easily be blocked, giving pain behind the jaw and below the ears. I have had these several times, now, and once the infection actually affected my jaw, itself.

Make sure that you get on anti-biotics for the infection, try saline sinus rinses (Neti-pot, or suchlike), an OTC spray called "Alkolol" (an ancient formula, but it works wonders!)

Last thing that I learned during my last sinus infection - DO NOT USE DECONGESTANTS!!!

A.

The sinus problems can cause tooth pain. The pain can also be related to the grinding, as that can cause inflammation in the ligaments around your teeth. The affection of the maxillary sinuses causes an ache in the upper jaw (maxilla) and teeth.