Q.

My son is 2 yrs old and still babbles instead of talking. He doesn't say words but has great interactive skills.

He seems to have a short attention span but he is nurturing and loves to hug. He loves watching Barney and loves music. Should I have him cheked for Autism?

Related Topics: Autism, Short Attention Span

A.
Kids learn to talk at different times, so it may not mean anything, but you should talk to your peditrician about it .All pediatricians are supposed to conduct an autism screening. Here's a good list from the CDC that talks about all the different signs of austim. If you are worried, trust your instincts and get it checked out.