Q.

can you drink alcohol while on lyrica? should you just not have your dose for that day?

Related Topics: Drinking

WebMD
A.

It is recommended to avoid alcohol when taking Lyrica. The problem is that alcohol may increase the sedative effects of alcohol. In other words, make you sleepy. Lyrica may also increase the effects that alcohol has on your body, so that even a small amount of alcohol may feel like you had a lot more to drink. It is tough to predict the effects in any given person, so that's why we recommend avoiding alcohol when taking this medication. I would not skip a dose without talking to your doctor.