Q.

What can cause inguinal lymph nodes to swell for over a year?

I've had them sonogramed, and had them evaluated by a doctor (with bloodwork) and everything was deemed fine, but over a year later, they are still swollen.  There was no infection that caused them to swell in the first place.  They are swollen on both sides over a centimeter.

Related Topics: Lymph Node, Swelling

A.
when any infection is present in you body your immune system kicks in you may not even know that the infection was there in the first place and sometimes your lymph nodes can remain swollen indefinitely. if you have been to your doctor and all the tests came back clear i would not worry if they start to increase in size then i would return to the doctor. if there was any underlying problems they would have surfaced before now.