Q.

Is it safe to take Thyroid Support by Natra Bio? it works for the reasons i took it, but it IS self prescribed.

My father has Thryoid problems, so it runs in the family.  i had unexplained weight gain and loss, it fluctuated within hours.  I had low energy, and was easily streesed, depressed, and then happy.   I started taking the Thyroid support and have found that I have tons of energy, am pretty consistently happy and loss of weight ( which matches how i eat).  However, every doctor i have gone to says my thyroid levels are fine.   

Related Topics: Stress, Thyroid, Weight, Weight Gain, Family

WebMD
A.

I’ve consistently advised my patients to say away from supplements to treat ‘thyroid problems’ mainly because many OTC's contain iodine and claim to boost thyroid function. <?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>

Because iodine has medicinal purposes, these treatments can cause harm if handled without knowledge. Thyroid boosters that contain iodine can cause scarring and eventually lead to a loss of thyroid gland function. To be safe, have your healthcare provider review the labeling of the supplement and get your thyroid tested regularly. <o:p></o:p>

In iodine sufficient countries, like the U.S. or U.K. salt and bread are supplemented with iodine to help fulfill the RDA. <o:p></o:p>