Q.

Can a yeast infection cause pain in the urethra as well as the head of the penis?

Originially thought to have prostatitis a month ago, have been experiencing penis soreness, urethra pain, some redness. Gonnohrea and chlamydia negative and 3 weeks of cipro provided no relief. Now thinking it may be fungal. Could this be a yeast infection and if not what could it be?

A.
yes, it could be fungal.
Depending of what direction you have more confidence in, get candida treatment like fluconazole  and if you are circumsized use the creams like Canesten. If you are not circumsized I would not recommend the creams as they shrink the foreskin and you will feel like a little boy again. ( but then the foreskin cracks and that really is painfull and impossible to keep clean)

If you go for the more natural approach, gentle soaking and washing with a mild sollution of nice quality applecider- vinegar  will work like a miracle cure.