My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

Can a yeast infection cause pain in the urethra as well as the head of the penis?

Originially thought to have prostatitis a month ago, have been experiencing penis soreness, urethra pain, some redness. Gonnohrea and chlamydia negative and 3 weeks of cipro provided no relief. Now thinking it may be fungal. Could this be a yeast infection and if not what could it be?


Answers from Contributors (1)

1 Answer
7 Helpful Votes
yes, it could be fungal.
Depending of what direction you have more confidence in, get candida treatment like fluconazole  and if you are circumsized use the creams like Canesten. If you are not circumsized I would not recommend the creams as they shrink the foreskin and you will feel like a little boy again. ( but then the foreskin cracks and that really is painfull and impossible to keep clean)

If you go for the more natural approach, gentle soaking and washing with a mild sollution of nice quality applecider- vinegar  will work like a miracle cure.

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the User.down arrowThe opinions expressed here are solely those of the User.
User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice. Please see the
bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

7 of 9 found this helpful