Q.

what happens if a woman has her period more than a month?

I been having my period for a few months now. How is this possible? Are we supposed loose a certain amount of blood? It seems it will never stop! Some days its heavy and some days its light. What can I do to make it stop? Is there something wrong with me? is it a disease? Is it from stress because I been stressed out lately, but seriously, I never had my period do this. Please help me!

Related Topics: Period, Stress

A.

I have had this happen before and was told that it was because I had an ovarian cyct. My doctor told me not to worry about it to much if the bleeding was heavy and going through a pad in less than an hour then worry and go to ER to make sure youre not lossing to much blood. I started birth control the shot to stop the bleeding, and it really helped me alot I went from having a never ending period to no periods at all. She also said to take advil she had be taking 800mgs when it was heavy to help lighten it. I am not a dr and you might want to to talk to yours but this why I had that problem and what my dr had me do.