Q.

I have a white spot about the size of a large grain of rice, in the back of my throat on my tonsil of the left side.

Its a small white spot but it is very easy to see upon emamination. I have just gotten over a cold that did start with a very sore throat, but that was about a a week ago now. There is only a spot on one side of my throat. I'm worried its some kind of infection. I can touch the area with my tonge and it is much warmer on that side of my throat than the other side. It is mildly irrated. 

Related Topics: Throat, Tongue, Tonsil, Coldness, Rice

A.

The tonsils may have little holes or crypts in them that can trap food and other debris. Sometimes, this debris can calcify and create a little stone-like mass called a tonsilliths (tonsil stone). Since I have no way of seeing your little white spot first-hand, it would not be possible for me, or any medical provider, to be able to give you an exact answer based solely on your brief description. It is possible to have localized infections, so since you are concerned, it would be in your best interest to have your tonsils examined by a health care professional.

WebMD
A.

Since you are just getting over a cold, it is certainly possible that it is evidence of an infection on your tonsil. One concern would be strep throat. However, if you have strep, your throat is typically quite sore with fever and oftentimes swollen glands in the front of your neck. If you feel fine otherwise, strep throat is less likely. However, if it doesn't go away after a few days, get your doctor to check it out.

Another possibility is a tonsil stone. However, since you had a cold recently the above is more likely.

But here's more information about tonsil stones

A.
im not a doctor so dont take my word as gold, but i get these little white spots on my tonsils too, they irritate me like crazy, one evening i had enough so i took a flash light and went into the bathroom and took my fingernail and poked at it and it popped out of the tonsil. and it stopped bothering me. i still get them a lot but i just go in there and get it out, i think its like the first answer on here like a calcification.