Q.

Should I wait three months after a small spot is seen on my lungs, through an x-ray, to find out if it is cancerous?

Related Topics: Cancer, Lung, X-ray

A.
Your health care provider is really the only person who can answer this question. He or she is in the best position to evaluate the situation and come up with a treatment plan.

You didn't say how you came to have a chest x-ray that showed a "spot" on it, but I'm assuming it was ordered by a physician or nurse practitioner. Any abnormal finding should be reported by the radiology department to the ordering physician, but sometimes these communications don't go as smoothly as we'd like. If you have a concern about this spot on the x-ray, or if you feel this finding was not communicated to your primary care provider, your best bet is to make an appointment with him or her to discuss the x-ray results and work together to create a care plan that is best for you.

I hope this helps. Best wishes to you!