There are many different types of hernias, including inguinal (located in the groin area), umbilical (belly button), incisional (after surgery), and hiatal (in the upper stomach), to name a few.

If you suspect you have a hernia, you'd be well-advised to seek medical attention. While some hernias, like an umbilical hernia, are generally benign (not serious or life-threatening), other hernias, such as an inguinal hernia, may require medical treatment. Only your health care provider can tell you for sure if you have a hernia and if it requires any treatment.

Sorry I can't be more specific, and I hope you get this checked out soon.