My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

Is constant pain in the mons veneris (pubic) area common in women.

I'm a 59 year old post-menopausal female, who has been having severe pain in my mons veneris area for 6-8 months. A prescribed topical cream had no affect in my pain. Is this common in females of my age group and should I consult another doctor. 

Related Topics: Pain, Post-Menopause
Best Answer 
3 Answers
33 Helpful Votes
Most Helpful Answer
There is connective tissue right in the middle of the pubic area and if it goes out of alighnment, even a little, it can be EXTREMELY painful!  There are Chiropractors out there that know how to deal with this very effectively.

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the User.down arrowThe opinions expressed here are solely those of the User.
User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice. Please see the
bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

11 of 17 found this helpful