Q.

My semen ejaculated is very small. Is that a problem?

I have discovered lately that during sex I ejaculate a very small amount of semen. I am 54 years old and I remember ejaculating a lot of semen when I was in my 20's. No-a-days (very rare though) sometimes when I ejaculate, there is hardly any semen but I still get the feeling of ejaculation. Is there a problem? Also, is there anything I can do to increase the quantity of the semen?

Related Topics: Ejaculation

A.
It's normal for semen volume to decrease as a man ages. Several studies have shown that the volume of semen per ejaculation decreases continuously between ages 22 and age 80.

The reason you probably never noticed this before is that the decline in semen production happens so gradually. Besides, it's not like we measure it every time, right?

As long as this is happening infrequently (not too often, as you said), there's probably nothing to worry about. If you notice this happening more frequently, or if you're having pain with (or shortly after) ejaculation, then I'd suggest you see a health care provider.

By the way, orgasm without ejaculation (called "orgasmic anejaculation") also is not uncommon. It can be caused by many factors, including medications. If you experience anejaculation frequently, it would be worth getting checked out by a health care provider. Sometimes anejaculation is an indicator of retrograde ejaculation, in which the semen flows into the bladder. Your health care provider can evaluate this with a simple urine sample.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to increase the quantity of semen.

If you have any concerns at all about your sexual health, please see a health care provider.

A.

I've recently heard of a Suppliment called "SEMENAX"  I've ordered some to test the results, and i'll be happy to report my findings here. I too am 55 and have noticed a decline in volume, and would hope to see some even if just a little more. I know it's more of a visual thing, but I just want to feel a little more volume for myself if nothing else.