Q.

How long does it take to feel results of Topiramate 25 to releive migraines? Have taken for 3 days- no results.

Should I contact DR to increase dosage, or does it take time to build up in my system?

Related Topics: Migraine

A.

this medication is not used to relieve a migraine per say. it is used to help prevent migraines and make it so that when u do get one its not as severe. this medication has to build up in your system. people usually start with 25mgs for a week then 50mgs for a week and so on till u usually reach 100mgs or what ever your your dr has perscribed. it does work very well.  but i have to warn you the side effects can be bad for about the 1st month and then they will get better. my sister is also on it and she called it dopamax cause of how she felt at first.

if u have a migraine u need to take some sort of abortive med like excridine migraine or imatrex or whatever your dr has told u to use. i hope this helps. topamax is a great medicine and should work very well just hang in there.