Q.

Is it possible to have BPD and clinical depression? If so, how can both be diagnosed effectively?

Although I'm certain that I have Borderline Personality Disorder, it doesn't seem to cover everything I'm going through.  I understand the personality shifts, but for a while now I just get depressed and unmotivated for no reason at all and seem unable to shake the feeling.  I've seen a doctor, but I feel like he can't get past the BPD effects and it just doesn't feel the same.  

WebMD
A.

Yes, it is possible to have feelings of depression if you have BPD.

Borderline personality disorder is frequently misdiagnosed for bipolar or manic depression. The unstable moods associated with both conditions have in fact lead some researchers to believe that they are variants of each other.  

Mood stabilizer drugs and talk therapy seem to be the best approach to help people with borderline personality disorder manage anxiety, depression, and aggression. At the same time it can help those suffering from this disorder deal with daily living.

Talk therapy can help you focus on understanding how your thoughts and behaviors effect yourself and others. It also helps you find more effective ways for you to approach daily stressors that could trigger negative or harmful behavior.