Q.

Should I be concerned with a bubbling or gurgling sound in my chest after I am done coughing?

I have been sick for the past 5 days with intermittent fever and mucus after coughing.  Now I am starting to hear some gurgeling or bubbling sound after coughing as well.  This is a first for me....

Related Topics: Chest, Fever, Cough, Mucus

A.

Yes. You should be concerned. Bubbling or gurgling sounds in the chest from coughing could be rales, a sign of pneumonia. There can be other causes as well. Since you are also having fever, it would be prudent to see your medical provider so you can be properly examined, diagnosed, and treated.