Q.

Red bumps on penis head and shaft.

I am 44 years old and for years I have seen red spots off and on on my penis. Some were scaly and gone within a couple weeks to a month. I went to DERM. 10 years ago and he said it was some kind of dermitits.  I have used many ointments to no avail.  Sometimes its gone for a couple months. It was clear for the last month and today and my penis tip and upper shaft  have little red painless bumps. Looks like small pimples, no pain no puss  Have pics. Seen pics of STDs and I dont think I have any.

Related Topics: Head, Penis, Pain

A.

Please don't try and post the pictures. Pictures may be worth a thousand words, but if the picture of genitalia, those words may not be appropriate. The penis is covered by skin, and the skin is capable of all kinds of skin conditions, including pimples, tiny sebaceous (oil gland) cysts, folliculitis (hair follicules), heat rashes, eczema, etc. Many of these little bumps are completely innocent. You cannot accurately diagnose ANY skin condition based solely on a description, so it is off ot your primary care or better yet, a urologist - someone who specializes in the this part of the anatomy. Rather than stress out over self-diagnoses, it would be best to have an answer from a medical specialist - one who can see these bumps first-hand.