Q.

I have pain at the base of my thumb by the wrist. Chronic pain, weakness, tenderness to touch

Best Answer 
A.
Most Helpful Answer
So sorry to hear you're dealing with this. Pain is never fun!

The symptoms you're describing could be caused by several things, ranging from injury (striking your hand against an object, for example) to repetitive motion strain (such as from using a video game controller for hours on end). Treating the symptoms may be based in part on what is causing them, so your best bet is to get checked out by your primary care provider. He or she will evaluate the problem, possibly order some tests (X-ray, for example), and then develop an appropriate treatment plan for you.

So, while this certainly isn't an emergency situation, it would be a good idea to have this problem checked out before it gets any worse.

Good luck to you!