Q.

will Gabapentin show up in a urine drug test ?

taking urine drug test and was just prescibed Gabapentin

Related Topics: Drug Test

A.
Gabapentin is not a narcotic. Most urine drug tests are used to screen for the use of narcotics and illicit substances. So, gabapentin usage should not be detected by a drug screen.

Gabapentin also is not a "scheduled" substance, which means it's not as highly controlled as other prescription pain relievers. Again, most urine drug tests are designed to detect the illicit (unprescribed) use of narcotics, scheduled substances (like benzodiazepines), and illegal substances (like marijuana). Your gabapentin usage shouldn't influence a urine drug test in any way.

A.
Yes, neurotin is not a narcotic. However some Drs or labs even using 9-13 panel drug screens will also flag a positive if neurotin is detected in the sample. Trust me... I had one done 4 months ago and this Dr didn't even know i was Rx neurotin. Results sent off, came back and at the main bottom of the results in a small box it said Gabapentin detected    normal = negative  results= (whatever number detected)  I am trying to find out how long it stays in your system though. Because it had been 21 days since i took the last one... My dr didn't believe me because she says it is out in 2-3 days. But I've yet to find any where that can answer this...