Medical Editor, WebMD
A.

This blood test may also be referred to as a comprehensive metabolic panel. This test provides information on liver function, kidney function, blood sugar level, and electrolytes. Here is a more detailed explanation of what this lab test includes: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/comprehensive-metabolic-panel-topic-overview 

A.
It's my understanding that a "complete metabolic panel" and a "comprehensive metabolic panel" are the same things.

A comprehensive metabolic panel measures your sugar (glucose) level, electrolyte and fluid balance, kidney function and liver function.

Here's an article that I found that gives you a bunch of information. I hope this helps!!

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/comprehensive-metabolic-panel-topic-overview