My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

What kind of doctor do you see to diagnose silent reflux?

Related Topics: Vision

Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

General Medicine
1,458 Answers
65,595 Helpful Votes
If you're talking about silent acid reflux from the stomach, then the answer to your question is an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor. However, your primary care provider should be able to get you started on the path to diagnosis.

Your question was categorized under "vision," so if you're referring to a different type of reflux, please respond and I'll try to get you a better answer!

For an overview of silent reflux, which is also called laryngopharyngeal reflux, check out this topic on WebMD.

It's worth noting silent reflux is highly treatable. Adults can self-treat the problem by:
  • Losing weight
  • Quitting smoking
  • Avoiding alcohol
  • Raising the head of the bed

...among other things.

But your best bet is to get a thorough medical assessment, starting with your primary care provider and then moving on to a specialist if necessary. Good luck!

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

19 of 23 found this helpful