Q.

What kind of doctor do you see to diagnose silent reflux?

Related Topics: Vision

A.
If you're talking about silent acid reflux from the stomach, then the answer to your question is an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor. However, your primary care provider should be able to get you started on the path to diagnosis.

Your question was categorized under "vision," so if you're referring to a different type of reflux, please respond and I'll try to get you a better answer!

For an overview of silent reflux, which is also called laryngopharyngeal reflux, check out this topic on WebMD.

It's worth noting silent reflux is highly treatable. Adults can self-treat the problem by:
  • Losing weight
  • Quitting smoking
  • Avoiding alcohol
  • Raising the head of the bed

...among other things.

But your best bet is to get a thorough medical assessment, starting with your primary care provider and then moving on to a specialist if necessary. Good luck!