Q.

My husband has schizophrenia controled with appropriate medication. Why might he be sleeping 18 hours a day this month?

His medication has not changed. His stressors have not changed. He smokes and has a chronic cough now. After he is up for an hour he is so sleepy he goes back to bed. He has sleep apnea and uses his CPAP when sleeping. I'm very concerned.

A.
You need to have his levels checked. The medication his is on can be toxic and needs to be checked regularly.  Other symptoms of the toxic levels can be change in behavior, confusion and return of his unmedicated schizophrenia behaviors.