Q.

Can an HPV wart straind lead or cause vulnerability to cancer?

I have recently found out i have Warts around my pubic area and one on the shaft of my penis. so thats HPV?

my doctor told me to take a course of aldara for 3 months then freeze the warts off to get rid of them. but still the HPV will exist in my body.
NOw that i have such a virus, does that up my chances of my body potentially facing cancer in the near or late future? am i more vulnerable have cancer?

Related Topics: Wart, Cancer, Penis, Virus

A.
I know more about the connection between HPV and cervical cancer in women but there seems to potentially be a link between HPV and genital cancers in men.

Also, I know that men and women can transfer HPV to each other through sexual contact.

Here's more information on HPV in men. Hope this helps.

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/hpv-genital-warts/hpv-virus-men