Q.

is eating chicken bad for you

My boyfriend has recently given up eating all meat except fish. He says it will lower his chances of getting certian types of diseases. I disagree. I don't eat red meat but I do eat chicken. Is chicken going to cause people to be unhealthy as they get older and develop heart and coronary disease?

Related Topics: Coronary Disease, Heart, Fish, Meat

A.

Probably not. But it does depend on the kind you eat. If you eat a ton of deep fried chicken a la KFC or any other variety... you're probably going to have some health issues. But grilled or broiled chicken is actually very good for you. Fish has chicken beat when it comes to omega 3 fatty acids and such, but chicken is definitely an excellent sort of protein and a wonderful, healthy choice. If you're worried about things such as cholestorol and heart attacks and such, avoiding red meat as you already do may be the way to go.