Q.

my girl friend has severe pain in her lower right side, appendix is gone, 3 kids, 40 years old.

The pain comes and goes, sometimes it comes when she is arguing with her kids or she is stressed and sometimes she can be having a really good day with no stress and the pain just comes from nowhere. The doctors say the pain is imaginary!!!! We need some help. Thank you for any help you can give

Related Topics: Stress, Appendix, Pain

A.
I would check with your doctor to see if it might be a bulging disc in her back, which can be extremely painful and would require surgery. If its usually brough on by stress though, it might just be tension that is building up. I would try to buy her a massage gift certificate at a spa, I used to have a lot of lower back pain brought on from stress and running, but now I try to get a massage about once a month to reduce tension in my back that builds up. Hope this helps, it's definitley discouraging if doctors don't believe your pain is real!