Q.

do I need to do anything if my blood glucose is high immediately after testing

my dad is diabetic --- I just tested his sugar and it read 247.  Is there anything I should do to get it down.  His temperament is definitely different - he seems angry.

Related Topics: Diabetes, Anger

A.
247 is pretty high, but not in the extreme danger zone.  I would take him to his doctor as soon as possible and he/she should be able to prescribe something to bring it down, or adjust his current medicine. It might be a week or so before it is back in a good range < 140.
 In the mean time make sure that his diet has no carbs, or as little as possible and that he drinks plenty of water. See link below for more information.

These spikes sometimes happen and it could be because of an another illness or just not managing it well.