Q.

Why does air come out of my mouth when blowing my nose?

I've had a sore throat for about 3 weeks now with post nasal drip. At onset, the thing that dangles in the back of my throat was swollen with white spots in my throat. Strep was negative - 5 days of Caphlex. 1.5 weeks later - throat is still sore and sightly swolen. When I blow my nose, air is forced out of my mouth. I snore excessively and wake up with a feeling that I was choking. When i swallow, it feels like there is excess tissue in the back of my throat. Allergies or something more serious

Related Topics: Allergy, Sore Throat, Mouth, Nose, Throat

A.
The passage way from your nostrils is connected with your throat. This is why when you laugh and drink milk at the same time, it comes out of your nose. When you force air pressure through your nose to blow the mucus out, it also can come out of your mouth.