can blood and a uti affect a pregnancy test?

My period is almost 2 months late and I am having some pregnancy symptoms but both tests I have taken are negative. During a physical for work the other day the NP said I had a severe UTI, blood and protein in my urine. Could this be the affecting the test at all?

From what I have read about how pregnancy tests work, it should not affect a pregnancy test. Tests look for hCG, a hormone present only if you are pregnant.

Here is what I read:

Pregnancy tests are designed to tell if your urine or blood contains a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). This hormone is produced right after a fertilized egg attaches to the wall of a woman's uterus. 

This usually happens -- but not always -- about six days after fertilization. If you're pregnant, levels of hCG continue to rise rapidly, doubling every two to three days.

Here is the link:

Good luck!