Q.

bruise that won't heal

Year-old injury to left leg. Fell in garage last october. Left leg took brunt of the fall. I had a VERY large bruise develop all along the inside of my knee above and below. It looked like someone had hit me with a crowbar.  I went to the DR about 3 weeks after the injury due to instability and pain in the knee. DR said he thought it was just badly bruised.  Now, a year later, still have a bruise, and now a dent under my knee on the inside by my calf muscle.  Help!

Related Topics: Bruise, Knee, Leg, Instability, Healing

A.
Sometimes deep bruises do not heal if there is damage to the tissue. If you are concerned its something else, you can ask your doctor about it next time you go in for a check up, but I wouldn't worry too much about it for now if you are not in pain.