Q.

Cough tastes like pennies (metallic), but is a dry cough. Normal?

My throat is very dry/sore, but my coughs still taste like pennies (like with mucus coughs). Is that normal?

Related Topics: Throat, Taste, Cough, Mucus

A.
Not a doc, but had similar situation and it caused scratchy throat with some very mild bleeding.  As blood has a coppery taste, would stand to reason.  Took cough med (OTC) for dry cough to produce "gunk".  Also, could be serious.  BIG HOWEVER, See doc. to rule out any other infection or other more serious condition.  Also, have doc rule out any dental issues while he/she is giving you the one over.  Good luck.