Q.

does heart burn cause increased heart rate?

I get this feeling of a burning sensation that starts in the top of my stomach and then cause my heart to pound and increase to 135 beats per min. I then feel nauseous and get some anxiety.

Related Topics: Anxiety, Heartburn, Heart, Stomach, Nausea

WebMD
A.

No, increased heart rate is not a normal feature of heartburn. However, pain and anxiety can increase heart rate. If you're still having this problem, I would get your doctor to check it out.

A.
I found this information in an article - on the symptoms of heart burn:

Many people have different acid reflux-related heartburn triggers, but most people have similar heartburn symptoms.

• A burning feeling in the chest just behind the breastbone that occurs after eating and lasts a few minutes to several hours.
  • Chest pain, especially after bending over, lying down, or eating.
  • Burning in the throat -- or hot, sour, acidic or salty-tasting fluid at the back of the throat.
  • Difficulty swallowing.
  • Feeling of food "sticking" in the middle of the chest or throat.
  • Heartburn may cause chronic cough, sore throat, or chronic hoarseness.

Reporting these symptoms is usually all that is needed for your doctor to make the diagnosis of heartburn. However, your doctor may perform special tests to determine the severity of your problem or to monitor your treatment. Special tests may also be needed if you have unusual symptoms such as weight loss or suffer from the complications of GERD.

Here's the entire article
:
http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/guide/heartburn-symptoms

I hope this helps!

A.

I have had gerd and it has never caused increased heart rate. I think you should have your heart checked asap. It could be heart trouble, so consider calling a ambulance to the nearest emergency room. It is better to be safe than worry about looking foolish. Too many people die because of that reason.