My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

Is there any signs i should be looking for with a bump in my "buttcrack"?

I have had a bump and it looked just like a pimple, I popped it and it didn't seem any different than anyother pimple. Are there signs I should be looking for to know if it is something else? I googled and things about cists and boyles keep popping up and are making me worried. I do not have insurance, which is the only reason I have no ran do the doctor. Any help would be amazing. Thank you so much for your time.

Related Topics: Insurance

Answers from Contributors (1)

115 Answers
1,269 Helpful Votes
From what I've read, there is one that is sort of like a pimple - where you might treat it like a pimple with astrigent and some topical antibiotic and the other is more boil-ish... but it seems like you would definitely know if you had the boil kind. 

If you think you might, it would be best to make the trip to the doc because you might need an oral antibiotic or something and that is not an area where you want to get an infection.

Hope this helps!

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the User.down arrowThe opinions expressed here are solely those of the User.
User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice. Please see the
bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

2 of 4 found this helpful