My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

I have blisters on the inside of my lips and on my tongue. What kind of doctor should i see?

I also have multiple sclerosis, hypothyroidism,incontinence, bipolar, borderline personality disorder and an addict. I smoke. I do not drink or eat spicy anything.I am a 37 year old woman with no children.


Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

Internal Medicine
134 Answers
6,888 Helpful Votes

It sounds like you have canker sores, also called aphthous ulcers. They are quite common and can typically be easily treated by your primary care doctor. They will typically go away on their own. To help with the pain and healing, your doctor may prescribe a mouth rinse. Certain medical problems can also make canker sores more likely. Conditions often associated with canker sores are autoimmune conditions, such as MS and even hypothyroidism -- conditions where the immune system mistakenly attacks parts of your own body. So, if you tend to get these frequently, you should let your doctor know so you can be better prepared to treat them when they happen.

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

23 of 37 found this helpful