Q.

Bowel movements r fatty, slimy and greasy and float. Yuck sorry!! blood wk for Celiac disease negative. Can you help

A.
There are a number of reasons stool may change, such as due to an infection, virus, change in medication, etc. It is good that you are seeing a medical professional about this concern, so you are able to get a proper diagnosis and treatment. Here is an Overview on Stool Analysis that may help you learn more about your situation.

I hope this helps!

The WebMD Answers Staff

A.

as terrible as they taste I use plain ol' fiber (glutten free) that you mix into drink every morning I do have celiac and its the only thing that helps to stiffen up and make a more "comfortable" bowels movement.  They also have fiber pills now but I never seemed to get anywhere near the same sort of relief as the plain ol' nasty tasting powder