Q.

What are my health insurance options?

A.
Your options for health insurance coverage depend on several factors, including your age, state of residence, income level, employment status, and other personal circumstances. Your options could include:

1. Staying on your parent’s plan until you are 26 years old;
2. Medicaid coverage, depending on your income level and state;
3. If you are a former foster youth, Medicaid coverage until you are 26 years old;
4. Job-based insurance coverage, if your employer provides it to you;
5. Student health insurance, depending on your school; and
6. Purchasing your own plan.  The best place to do this is on your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace website, where you can compare rates and find out if you are eligible for discounts based on your income. You can also use the “Discount Calculator” feature on this app to see what discounts you may be eligible for!