Q.

I was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. What should I do now?

Related Topics: Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer

A.

Getting organized after a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer is important for gaining control of the situation. This is the time to take charge of the situation and understand all of your options. It is important to be informed and learn as much as possible about pancreatic cancer, including treatment options, clinical trials, and symptom management. Schedule an appointment with a doctor who specializes in pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer is rare and general oncologists do not see patients with this type of cancer very often. Treating cancer is a team effort so select the most qualified doctor to treat you.

To request a complimentary educational packet about pancreatic cancer, contact the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network at 877.272.6226

Next Question: