Q.

What happens if a skin test shows I have allergies?

A.

Your allergist will create a plan for controlling your allergies. This means preventing and treating symptoms. Take these steps:

• Avoid or limit contact with your allergens. For example, if you’re allergic to dust mites, reduce the clutter in your house, which collects dust.
  • Take medicine to relieve your symptoms. Your allergist may prescribe medicines such as antihistamines, decongestants, nose (nasal) sprays, or eyedrops.
  • Get allergy shots if the allergist says you should. Some people need them when they can’t avoid an allergen. The shots contain a tiny but increasing amount of the allergen you’re sensitive to. Over time, your body gets used to the allergen and no longer reacts to it.

Read the Original Article: Skin Testing for Allergies