Q.

Can I still get pregnant after an ablation?

A.

Endometrial ablation only removes the lining of your uterus. You still have a uterus. This means that if you do not want to become pregnant, you still need to use birth control. If you have gone through menopause and are taking hormone therapy, your hormone therapy must include a progestogen (also called progesterone or progestin). Progestogens reduce the risk of developing cancer in your uterus. Though rare, some studies have suggested that it might be more difficult to diagnose cancer of the uterus after endometrial ablation.

You can find more information from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine on this topic here:

http://www.reproductivefacts.org/uploadedFiles/ASRM_Content/Resources/Patient_Resources/Fact_Sheets_and_Info_Booklets/endoablation.pdf

Read the Original Article: Endometrial Ablation Fact Sheet