A.
There is no cure for the damaged nerves that cause nerve pain. But with an effective pain management program that might include exercise, stress management, and medicine, you can do something to relieve your pain. By getting actively involved you can reduce your sense of suffering and improve the quality of your life.

A.

There is a therapy claiming to relieve chronic pain for life, it is named "neural prolotherapy". The therapy is short, non evasive, with some pain, and relatively safe. The pain is said to disappear for life when completed. Check it out on "Utube", there is a video there of the a doctor in the process of performing the  therapy on a man's neck.

I have been a chronic pain patient for over ten years now experiencing excessive thoracic, lumbar, and sciatica nerve pain with the added pain of arthritis throughout.. I developed "drop foot" from the first surgery of three. Many times I have said; " if only my ankle and foot pain would cease, I would never complain of my back pain again". The brace that I wear creates pain in a few minutes and within hours it is close behind, if not past the most pain felt. Combining all together, my demeanor changes quickly, unfortunately for the worst.

Needless to say, pain is my constant and closest companion, which is so loud at times I cannot focus on anything, not to mention being able to go to my  " happy place"; nothing has ever tamed my pain. I have tried most treatments for pain; surgeries, narcotics, epidurals, chiropractic, massages, physical therapy, tens unit, etc., and have never been able to stay "up and about" for much past six hours without having to lie down to rest and that is on good days.

After researching the neural prolotherapy, my next order of business is retrieving a referral from my surgeon to visit the doctor who performs the prolotherapy in near Atlanta, Ga. Although it seems "to good to be true", the therapy's procedure is more desirable than the "lumbar stimulator" which is the doctors last suggestion to help my pain.  

A.
I had pelvic floor surgery twice over.  the first surgery I suffered long term pain the doctors claimed many diagnosis but the pain only went when the sacro-spineous fixation came undone!  after the second surgery in 210 the pain returned; I have now suffered pain, burning, tingling, numbness etc three years.  doctors made claims of nerve damage without investigations and refused the same.  I am being refused referral back to the urogynea consultant who said some sutures would need removing!  so what I have done is like most others... but now I find peppermint essential oil undiluted drops onto the point where the pain exits numbs the pain - very cooling... but finally no pain and smell very minty... and all I really need is some sutures removing!