Can my teenage daughter safely take ibuprofen and Nyquil at the same time?

There are a number of different products available in the Nyquil product line and they have different active ingredients. It is always important to read the label of the particular product you are interested in to verify the ingredients contained in that product. Nyquil may contain a pain reliever/fever reducer and, when it does, it typically contains acetaminophen. If acetaminophen is in your product, it may provide adequate relief for your daughter’s symptoms.

However, not all Nyquil products have a pain reliever/fever reducer in them. And your daughter may take ibuprofen for another reason or may find that the acetaminophen in the Nyquil is not sufficient for her problem. In these cases, then it would then be fine to take both ibuprofen and Nyquil together.