Q.

Can someone with high blood pressure take Excedrin Migraine?

A.
Excedrin Migraine is a nonprescription medication that contains acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine. Each Excedrin Migraine tablet contains 65 mg of caffeine. The label will direct you to take 2 tablets at one time, which is about the same as drinking 1 to 1 1/2 cups of coffee. Typically, people with high blood pressure should limit the amount of caffeine consumed on a daily basis. Someone with high blood pressure can take Excedrin Migraine safely, but I would also caution that person to watch how much additional caffeine he consumes through coffee or soda. Also, I would want to talk to the person about their migraines and see if there might be another option that could work just as well and be safer for him to take.