Q.

Can low blood pressure cause hallucinations?

Emory University
A.

Low blood pressure can result in reduced blood flow and circulation into the brain, with poor brain function. The usual symptom of dangerously low blood pressure (hypotension) is a depressed level of consciousness—someone acting sleepy or “out of it.”

Hallucinations are not a “typical” symptom of low blood pressure. However, I wouldn’t rule it out as a possibility in rare cases. It would be important to look for something else causing both the low blood pressure and the hallucinations, like a toxic drug effect, or dehydration causing delirium in an older person.