Q.

What are the symptoms of stomach cancer?

Emory University
A.

In its early stages, stomach cancer typically causes vague, often mild symptoms that a person may describe as indigestion, nausea, loss of appetite, heartburn, or pain.

The problem is, millions of people without stomach cancer experience these symptoms every day. When should a person with vague stomach or abdominal symptoms seek medical attention? That’s a hard question to answer, because stomach cancer is still uncommon in the U.S. and screening for it (with invasive testing called endoscopy) carries small but real risks; screening everyone with indigestion might cause more harm than good.

As stomach cancer becomes more advanced, weight loss, bleeding, more severe nausea and vomiting, and blockage of the exit of food from the stomach can occur.

If you’re concerned about stomach cancer, the best thing is to see your doctor and discuss your symptoms.

A.

My father died half a yr, ago from stomach cancer and I have an uncle and a cousin died from stomach cancer.

Now my symptoms are nauseated all day, I want to eat all the time which is not like me to do so, even when I eat I still nauseated. One point I have a chronic ulcer. Can that convert to cancer, my chronic ulcer?.