Q.

Can you mix ibuprofen and Excedrin for pain relief?

A.

There are a couple different versions of Excedrin available, but it typically contains acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine. Ibuprofen is a pain reliever that is very similar to aspirin. Taking both ibuprofen and Excedrin together will probably not be beneficial and may cause harm. Taken together, these medications will likely cause stomach upset and may lead to a stomach ulcer.

I would not recommend this particular combination. If one product or the other is not sufficient for your pain, talk with your local pharmacist or health care provider who could suggest other options, depending on the type of pain that you are experiencing.