Q.

Can eating pumpkin and sunflower seeds benefit my hair health and growth in any way?

Dermatology
American Academy of Dermatology
A.
There is some basic research and data that suggest that the phytosterols -- including beta-sitosterol that is found in pumpkin seeds -- can block the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Less DHT theoretically means less hair follicle miniaturization. However, no formal clinical trials have been performed to demonstrate the effectiveness of ingesting phytosterols to promote hair health or growth.