Q.

How do I remove black spots on my face?

Dermatology
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery and Skin Care
A.

First, have the dark spot looked at by a dermatologist to determine that the dark spot is not pre-cancerous or skin cancer. Melasma is a common cause of dark spots on the forehead, cheeks, and upper lips in women. One of the first and very critical steps to brightening darker areas on the face is to use a cream with an SPF of 30 and above, applying three times each day to cover darker areas.

Also, applying skin brighteners such as niacin, hydroroquinone, and kojic acid will help brighten the darker areas. These steps will help your skin look more even and more youthful.