A.
No. Malaria is not spread from person to person like a cold or the flu, and it cannot be sexually transmitted. You cannot get malaria from casual contact with malaria-infected people, such as sitting next to someone who has malaria.

A.

I got it twice living in Nigeria, and was told that it was not transferrable, although recently I have heard differently, so I am just not sure, and anyone wanting to know should seek the advice of a doctor knowledgeable in treating these diseases such as the Disease Center in Atlanta.

I have not been able to give blood although it has now been over 30 years since my last malaria attack.

I don't know how helpful this has been, but if it means you seek the advice of doctors knowledgeable in tropical diseases, then I will feel I have been helpful.

I can tell you that there will be little doubt in your mind if you have it, if you are living in a malaria area such as Nigeria. It is a terrible time of being hot, then cold and not being able to be comfortable in any position; having to be supported when you stand and sitting not being able to stay upright.  You do really feel like Death would be welcome - and I am not an overly dramatic person! There are other undesirable effects too, but I will not go into those. Another difficulty is that once you have had it, you do not necessarily realize the symptoms, so it was possible for me to get it again. After that Thank Goodness!, I knew the symptoms and would take an Aralen and lie down for a few hours until they passed.