My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

My nephew has ADHD. His mother feeds him junk food on visits and it makes him hyper. Can he use a blood glucose meter?


Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

12 Answers
86 Helpful Votes

How would a glucose meter help your nephew? I suggest that it would be better for your brother to discuss the connection of what he eats and how it affects his behavior with your nephew. He could then politely refuse what his mother offers or suggest that he would like something else to eat. 

If this doesn't work, it will be important to make sure that he gets some exercise and space as well as nutritious food after he returns from his visits with his mother.

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

2 of 3 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: Excessive Sugar Consumption in Adolescent with ADHD